This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Advancement and liaises closely with the Communications team, including attending all Communications team meetings to ensure integration of the campaign communications plan across all facets of the school.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Serve as chief copywriter for the advancement office.
- Manage the development, creation, coordination, and implementation of advancement campaign communications and materials, including print, digital, and video components.
- Manage a communications timeline for the advancement office in coordination with the larger communications schedule.
- Ensure the SSSAS campaign brand messaging is consistently and accurately used in all advancement print and digital pieces as well. Coordinate with the larger communications team to ensure integration of campaign branding across other facets of campus, as appropriate.
- Serves as the communications hub for the advancement office, providing oversight and coordination of all advancement materials during the public phase of Saints Together: Our Campaign for Community.
- Develop solicitation proposals for prospective campaign donors.
- Assist with internal communications and donor preparatory materials including:
- Meeting briefings
- Event talking points
- Volunteer and staff communications toolkits
- Impact pieces
- Gift Proposals
- Constituent Profiles
- In partnership with the Advancement and Communications team, continue to develop and execute the campaign marketing plan, including but not limited to:
- Campaign and SSSAS giving website
- Print advertising
- Landing pages for advancement events or marketing campaigns
- Integration of campaign branding across all facets of campus including faculty signatures and other school-related materials, on-campus signage, and construction site signage
- Regularly review the school website and coordinate necessary content updates.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Relevant experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- 5+ years in philanthropy communications, institutional communications, nonprofit communications, donor relations and/or philanthropy.
- Experience working in philanthropy communications in an academic development setting is preferred.
- Strong portfolio of writing and editing samples that demonstrate facility with fundraising projects.
- Excellent command of language, grammar, spelling, with a good eye for detail.
- Team-building skills and the ability to relate comfortably to leadership, faculty members, administrators, and staff.
Overview of St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School
Located six miles from Washington, D.C., St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School, a PK-12 Episcopal School, educates the whole child by tending to the academic, social, physical, and spiritual needs of each of our students. Named as the #1 best workplace in Washington, D.C. by the Washington Post, St. Stephen's and St. Agnes is a positive and collegial community with a commitment to our mission to pursue goodness as well as knowledge and to honor the unique value of each of our members as a child of God in a caring community. SSSAS combines a rigorous academic program with outstanding opportunities in the arts, athletics and service learning for our students. SSSAS has a deep commitment to creating an inclusive community which values diversity and multiculturalism, and we seek candidates who have this same commitment. The diverse student body is 28% students of color, and 22% of our students receive financial aid to create a socioeconomically diverse community.
Our culture promotes lifelong learning, and our faculty members have a wealth of opportunities available to them to continue expanding their knowledge of both their disciplines and the field of education. Summer study grants, a multicultural seminar for new faculty, support for graduate studies, and conferences and workshops are just a few of the ways in which we support and encourage our teachers to continue to grow and learn.
Interested applicants should apply through the SSSAS website at https://www.sssas.org/about-us/employment
For more information about St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School, we invite you to visit our website at www.sssas.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://sssas.isolvedhire.com/jobs/873798-15899.html