The Account Manager role requires solid project management experience. A strong candidate will be someone who works to ensure projects are executed on time, on budget and within scope and has experience in creating and managing overall project plans, timelines for the client and internal teams as well as budgets and tracking costs to budget.
The Account Manager proactively works to move internal team members toward completion of project activities and supports the team in various administrative activities. Account Managers seek out additional information as needed to support issue resolution and successful project management and are astute at knowing when to escalate.
Account Managers may coordinate internal and externals meetings, create and track campaign schedules and drive project management efforts including responsibility for updating project plans, meeting notes, status report follow up, and organizing project documentation. Account Managers will have responsibility for seamless execution of program/project/campaign management. As an engagement lead, Account Managers, will have responsibilities for financial tracking, billing and invoicing oversight, and maintenance of opportunity pipeline.
* Responsible for daily client management and communication including but not limited to: developing status reports, leading client status meetings, managing client expectations and resolving client issues
* Responsible for daily cross functional team management including but not limited to: ensuring appropriate resources are assigned to the project in a timely manner; communicating project plans to all team members; managing internal status meetings
* Project management including but not limited to: project plan development; resource assignment; project management and monitoring; on-time and on budget delivery; flawless execution
* Understanding overall assigned campaign objectives, audience targeting and segmentation, and nuances of supporting materials, including differences in audience segment treatments and strategies
* Responsible for translating campaign audience targeting and strategies to data matrices/instructions
* Responsible for managing external partners who may be contributing to our client projects
* Provide oversight for creative brief development for direct mail, email and digital campaigns
* Provide oversight for creative review and routing both internally and externally
* Provide oversight for print proof and live laser review and routing
* E-proof review and routing
* Risk management
* Review and communicate weekly results reporting across programs and manage follow-up analysis with the analytics team
* Client budget management and cost tracking
* Originating actions to improve existing processes
* Ensuring on time, on strategy, accurate program execution
* Effectively leading and motivating internal team to produce best in class work
* Fostering a collaborative, energized internal team dynamic
* Financial Account Management (with senior leader guidance), oversight on billing and invoicing
* Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent work experience
* 3-5 years + of client services/account management in a direct/digital marketing agency or a combination of agency/client side
* Nonprofit experience highly desired
* Experience managing direct mail, email and digital programs highly desired
* Strong project/program management, interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
* Ability to quickly adapt between strategic and tactical thinking and work well within both
* Effective multi-tasking skills with proven ability to support multiple campaigns/initiatives for multiple stakeholders while effectively managing conflicting priorities
* Proven experience managing client relationships and effectively problem solve; ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
* Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to work well in a fast-changing environment
An important part of our dedication to fun and active lives is ensuring our employees can live to their fullest potential. Working here means we've got you covered for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance with outstanding coverage at very affordable premiums. Add to that our 401K savings plan with a company match of up to 50% on each dollar contributed up to 6% max. We get that family is the biggest commitment of all. We make it easier to be a working parent with paid time off and paid family leave.