The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) is a union, dedicated to improving the workplace and the quality of life for all education employees and to protecting their hard-won rights. Equally important, we are an association of highly qualified professionals, committed to establishing and maintaining optimal conditions for student learning from preschool through graduate school.
MTA Benefits is a self-supporting subsidiary of the MTA and receives no dues dollars to market or administer benefit programs. We offer financial, insurance, travel and wellness programs that provide members exclusive savings opportunities. Programs include auto & homeowners insurance, disability insurance, a mortgage program, eyewear savings and car rental and vacation package discounts, to name a few.
MTAB is looking for The Marketing Assistant is responsible for supporting MTAB marketing objectives and initiatives, monitoring their effectiveness and advancing MTAB’s social media presence to build relationships with members and leaders.This position will report to the Marketing Manager and is conveniently located in our North Quincy headquarters.
Some of the responsibilities of this job include but are not exhaustive are the following:
• Assist with the preparation of all marketing materials and communications.
• Experience with tracking programs to monitor web and e-commerce statistics for all marketing campaigns and prepare reports for management.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of all member benefit programs and discounts.
• Assist with the production of MTAB publications, enews and marketing materials.
• Assist with the coordination of The MTA Advantage, Member Benefits Page and MTA Today advertising.
• Maintain annual marketing calendar.
• Prepare reports on web and email activity based on marketing initiatives.
• Monitor website content to ensure it is current, online forms are functioning properly and the site is user-friendly. Update images and text as necessary.
• Post content, respond to member messages and monitor MTAB and MTA social media accounts.
• Write articles, blogs, copy for website, enews and all other marketing materials.
• Proof all materials.
• Be aware of cutting-edge technologies for new marketing opportunities.
• Collaborate with partners to keep their information on MTAB’s site fresh.
• Troubleshoot website issues.
• Attend MTA conferences and local association membership meetings which may periodically be held outside of normal work hours.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• High school diploma (college degree preferred with a concentration in marketing).
• Two (2) to four (4) years related marketing experience.
• Proficiency with all forms of social media.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Access and basic HTML.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Exhibits a positive, cooperative attitude; a team player who can work well alone or in a
• Self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when
communicating with members orally, in writing or in face-to-face conversation.
MTA has a competitive compensation program with a robust benefits package that includes: a defined benefit plan, 401k, medical, dental, STD, LTD, paid holidays and a generous time off program.
MTA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff.