Senior Bioinformatics Scientist OB/GYN Research Needed!
This is a unique opportunity to conduct bioinformatic analysis on research projects for Inova, the region's leading non-profit healthcare provider in the Northern Virginia area recognized in 2019 by U.S. News & World Report.
* Recognized leader: 923-bed nationally recognized regional medical center.
* Team Member centric: We create an environment or respect and growth, where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
What You Will Do:
* Conduct bioinformatic analysis on research projects.
* Develop new analytic approaches to complex human diseases, such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
What You Will Need:
* Candidates for this position will have an MD, Ph.D. or Master's in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related field.
* Experience working with large scale biomedical data and hands on experience developing software or information systems to manage and analyze biomedical data.
* PREFERRED: Hands-on experience working with Next and Third generation sequence data, proteomic data and microarray data from a tremendous breadth of clinical areas to gain new insights into human disease.
* Ability to interact with team members for project coordination
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong software development skills
* Experience working with terabytes of translational biomedical data
* Strong informatics skills to include the use of programming and/or scripting languages such as Python, Perl, java, C/C++, and R.
* A Strong knowledge base of bioinformatics principles
#LI-MT1 IND2 #LI-BQ1 About Inova Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider, recognized in 2019 and 2020 by U.S. News & World Report, which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. Each of Inova's five hospitals holds a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), distinguishing Inova as the highest-rated large health system in the U.S., and the only system to have all hospitals receive five stars. All five Inova hospitals were awarded 'A' grades for the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova's achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare. Inova Fairfax Medical Campus was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list, ranking in the top 10 nationwide among Major Teaching Hospitals. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time, every touch - to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Inova is home to Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org .
Internal Number: 53324BR
About Inova Health System
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.