Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time, every touch - to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Inova is home to Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,800 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at inova.org.
Inova's Legal Department is seeking an Associate General Counsel, reporting to the System's Chief Legal Officer / General Counsel, to provide legal advice and direction on a wide range of topics related to the business and operations of the organization. In particular, this position will:
* Advise on physician-related arrangements for Inova's sites of care and service lines, including hospital-based physician agreements, physician recruitment agreements, coverage agreements, professional service agreements, co-management agreements, employment agreements, and facility use agreements.
* Provide advice and guidance with respect to federal and state health care laws and regulations.
* Oversee the legal aspects of physician practice acquisitions and other related M&A activity.
* Serve as legal and strategic advisor for various health system operating units and business divisions.
* Provide general legal support for various corporate service areas.
* Draft, review, and negotiate general service agreements and affiliation agreements, identify and analyze new or emerging areas of risk, and manage or provide support with respect to general legal matters. This position will be expected to advise on a wide range of legal topics and contribute with respect to related operational decisions, including applicable health regulatory requirements, contractual issues, risk management matters, and related business considerations.
Internal Number: 56072BR
About Inova Health System
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.