Trout Unlimited’s Development team is responsible for fundraising and relationship building in the following key areas: solicitation of major gifts; foundation support; donor cultivation and stewardship activities; and gift planning. This key Development team staff member is responsible for overseeing and managing all operational aspects for the Development department. They will work closely with the Vice President of Development, members of the Development and Membership Marketing teams, and fundraising partners throughout the organization to implement defined major gift program objectives. The individual in this position will be a self-starter, have excellent organizational skills, have strong attention to detail in projects both large and small, possess the ability to problem solve and multitask, and provide proactive and enthusiastic support for the Development team. The position will supervise the Development Assistant and is based in Arlington, Virginia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee and manage all operational aspects of the major gifts, gift planning, foundations programs.
· Oversee and manage the support function for the gift planning program, including the Stream Guardian Society, working directly with the Director of Gift Planning
· Oversee, including developing, implementing, and monitoring operational protocols for all major gifts, planned gifts, and foundation fundraising efforts
· Organize and lead prospect review meetings to assure timely cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, follow-up, data entry, and tracking of new and current prospects
· Collaborate with Membership Marketing on managing the operational aspects of the Griffith Circle, including data mining prospects and conducting individual donor research
· Responsible for coordinating relationship management in netFORUM, recording and tracking donor relationships, strategies, projections, and activities
· Data mining major gift portfolios, including conducting additional research
· Conduct donor research on highly rated prospects and as otherwise needed
· Co-establish, manage, and track annual fundraising budgets and expenses
· Oversee the tracking and reporting of annual metrics for the teams and individual fundraisers, and other metrics set by the Vice President of Development
· Track progress on various fundraising plans in collaboration with fundraiser lead(s)
· In collaboration with fundraisers, create and update existing donor briefings and related donor profiles/research
· Oversee all operational aspects of donor group engagement activities, including the establishment of activity outcomes and measurements, and proper and timely follow up
· Interface with IT staff to resolve CRM issues and/or suggest system enhancements
· Interface with accounting staff to ensure data consistency between finance system and CRM
· Responds to ad-hoc requests for information from CEO, VPs, and other development staff
· Supervise Development Assistant
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of fundraising operational work experience in a professional setting
· Supervisory experience required
· Excellent communication skills via phone, email, and letters required, including with donors
· Ability to organize and manage diverse activities, set priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, preferably in a nonprofit environment
· Experience with estate administration and planned giving preferred
· Knowledge of Blackbaud Research Point and FoundationSearch preferred
· Experience with CRM databases required (ie. Community Brands products, Blackbaud products, Salesforce, etc.)
· Project management skills and experience preferred
· Enthusiastic, energetic, and personable
· Extremely detail oriented
· Strong time management skills and practices
· Proficient in Microsoft 365 applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Passion for Trout Unlimited's mission is essential
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Rod Vogel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use email subject title “Development Operations Manager”. No phone calls please. Open until filled.
TU is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer pursuant to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act & Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistant Act.
TU hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
ABOUT TROUT UNLIMITED
Trout Unlimited is a national organization with 300,000 members and supporters organized into over 400 chapters and councils nationwide. These dedicated grassroots volunteers are matched by a respected staff of organizers, lawyers, policy experts, and scientists, who work out of more than 45 offices across the country. Our mission is to conserve, protect, and restore North America's cold-water fisheries and their watersheds.