Help us grow a team of seasoned hospice professionals. Goodwin House Hospice is seeking clinically competent and compassionate nurses with hospice, home care or critical care background. Our hospice nurses work with an interdisciplinary team and must have a proven ability to apply critical thinking skills; must be calm under pressure; be able to effectively handle crisis situations; and be able to instill confidence in teaching and guiding families about end-of-life care.
Since 1967, it has been the mission of Goodwin House to support, honor and uplift the lives of older adults. Goodwin House is a faith-based, mission-driven, nonprofit organization located in Northern Virginia. We are known for providing high quality service and exceptional quality care.
We pride ourselves on low turnover and high staff satisfaction
Competitive compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision
Generous 401(k) plan with employer match; tuition assistance
The Hospice RN case manager carries a caseload of hospice patients whom they visit at least weekly; documents eligibility and care plan interventions and goals; admits patients to the program; and works with an interdisciplinary team to identify and meet the needs of terminally ill patients and their families.
Goodwin House provides a supporting and enriching work environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• A registered nurse who is currently licensed by their primary state of residence.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a professional nurse, preferably in a hospice or in an acute care or long term care setting.
• Certified Hospice and Palliative Care, preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of terminally ill residents and families in varied settings.
• Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles.
• Proficient in Word, and able to master documentation software competently enough to assist others in its use.
• Has a valid driver’s license and is able and willing to drive to patients’ homes to deliver care as part of caseload responsibilities.
Internal Number: 506178
About Goodwin House
Goodwin House operates Continuing Care Retirement Communities in Alexandria and Falls Church, Virginia. We are recognized as being an industry leader and strive to improve the lives of our residents and the staff who care for them. We pride ourselves on our low staff turnover and high staff satisfaction. For part time staff members who meet eligibility criteria, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including generous 401k plan with employer match; tuition assistance, paid time off, and much more.