Position Summary The Communications Manager's portfolio will include website management and content supervision as well as supervision of outsourced layout and graphic design of the Temple's monthly publication, the "Connection." The Manager will also curate and design weekly Temple-wide e-letters, oversee social media and digital marketing development, and supervise the production of all collateral materials that support and promote worship services as well as engagement and educational programs, the Temple's small groups initiative, and Temple-wide special events.
• Develop an effective and comprehensive communications strategy that aligns with the strategic goals of the Temple and exhibits an understanding of the Temple's diverse constituency and the way in which each constituent cohort consumes content.
• Schedule and supervise all logistics related to communications production from timely submission of content to distribution.
• Build and manage content, design, production, and distribution of all print and electronic collateral (including the monthly "Connection," the weekly e-letter, Eventbrite registration pages, booklets and brochures, and the Temple's social media).
• Oversee website maintenance and coordinate the generation of fresh content that attracts prospective members, informs and engages current members, and promotes Temple services, programs and events.
• Create content and schedule posts to Temple's Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. Manage social media inquiries.
• Manage outdoor and lobby signage, including electronic displays.
• Serve as Temple liaison to press contacts and maintain media relations.
• Manage relationships with vendors and/or professionals who are involved with Temple communications including website host, graphic designers, printers, signage and other production-related vendors.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
Qualifications -Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years in communications, marketing, graphic design or related field • Knowledge of Reform Judaism and Jewish customs/traditions preferred • Exceptional writing, design, and proofreading expertise with a creative approach to marketing copy • Strong interpersonal skills, including a positive, highly collaborative attitude • Highly organized with the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and platforms simultaneously while remaining efficient and attentive to detail • Thorough knowledge of latest technologies and commitment to continuing education in the field • Sound judgment and good problem-solving skills with the ability to maintain professional composure in stressful situations • Highly motivated self-starter who is able to work independently • Congregant focused with a friendly, respectful demeanor and the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion • Ability to become familiar rapidly with the rhythm, personality, and culture of Temple Rodef Shalom • Proficiency in InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite • Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Teams, and Outlook • Proficiency in WordPress • Familiarity with CRM/database programs • Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google AdWords
About Temple Rodef Shalom
We are a thriving, vibrant, inclusive, diverse, tolerant, sacred, loving Reform Jewish congregation nestled in the suburbs of Washington, DC. Since our founding in 1962, we have grown into the largest Jewish congregation in Virginia, serving over 1,700 households from McLean, Arlington, Falls Church, Vienna and other nearby Northern Virginia areas.
Together we strive to build a sacred community, Kehilla Kedosha, unified by common goals and ideals, where all members are embraced, Jewish traditions are honored and our spiritual link to Israel is fostered. Our name, Rodef Shalom, translates to “pursuer of peace” in Hebrew and we are proud that our community lives and breathes our name.
We are proud of how each member brings his or her own story to our community—such as those who have a multi-generational history and those new to the Northern Virginia area or Temple Rodef Shalom. We are an extended family – a community of all ages, backgrounds, and lifestyles. We are newcomers and old-timers, children and adults, individuals and couples and families, multi-racial families, LGBT and straight, Jews by birth and by choice, those who have children with physical or learning needs, non-J...ewish partners and spouses.
Temple Rodef Shalom offers a broad range of spiritual, educational, and social programs that engage members of every age and background. We have something for everyone!