The Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA), formerly the Solar Electric Power Association, is the leading research and education membership organization helping utilities and technology companies deploy and integrate solar, storage, demand response, microgrids, electric vehicles, and other related resources. SEPA is at the forefront of changes happening in the energy industry, helping utilities make a smart transition to a clean energy future. Just as the role of new technologies is growing in the electric power sector, so is SEPA, both in influence and size.
As the trusted platform for education, research, and collaboration, SEPA’s neutrality is a key factor in the organization’s success. We do not advocate or take positions on issues, nor do we drive trends or play favorites. Our philosophy focuses on bringing the expert stakeholders to the conversations to yield practical solutions. Our membership consists of 1,000 organizations, including utilities, technology providers, independent system operators, regulators, energy users, project developers, consultancies, and nonprofits, who look to us to provide the community, data, insight, and facilitation necessary to make the right decisions in the evolution of the utility business model and more engaging customer programs.
The opportunity ahead for SEPA is to build upon and leverage our core strengths - the membership, the brand, and our staff expertise - to enable a greater positive impact on the electric power sector.
The Membership Associate works to ensure member and prospect information is up to date and that SEPA is responsive to the needs of members, prospects, and sponsors. They will work to identify and contact potential members as well as support internal operations of the SEPA Membership team.
The ideal candidate is comfortable interacting with members and non-members in person and on the phone. They will be detail oriented, highly organized, a strong player of cross-functional teams, and comfortable in some sales interactions. The Membership Associate will lead various data-entry and reporting efforts. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining, SEPA membership database through calls, emails list cultivation and research
- Analyzes publication, event, and other member-related data to identify prospects and opportunities for engagement with current members.
- Designs and maintains aging benchmarking reports that are used to analyze receivables, member acquisition and retention trends, and membership composition
- Coordinates data-entry process and reporting for Membership Team
- Manages membership invoice creation and distribution process
- General database management, including account creation and troubleshooting, adding event attendee information, and follow up
- Fields and directs member requests to pertinent staff
- Provides support to the Membership team to assist in the renewal and retention process when needed
- Other membership tasks as assigned
Sales & Development
- Serves as the project manager to ensure existing sponsor contract requirements are met, especially for SEPA events, including pre and post-event follow up
- Other sales and development tasks as assigned