TITLE: Senior Director, Global Projects, Program Implementation and Country Management
LOCATION: Washington, DC
REPORTS TO: EVP, Medical and Scientific Affairs
The Senior Director will provide vision and strategic leadership in the development, management and oversight of EGPAF’s global projects and project management systems. He/she supervises Global Project Directors and the Associate Director for Award and Project Management (based in the US) and works closely with global units to provide leadership, facilitation, coordination and support in designing, managing and implementing global projects. He/she advocates for and supports project management policies and systems that maximize impact and resources to further the Foundation’s mission and objectives. He/she keeps the Vice President, Program Implementation and Country Management up to date on activities, priorities and issues in global projects and project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support EGPAF and Global Project Directors in the creation of strategic direction, planning, leveraging global activities, and resource planning;
- Oversee EGPAF’s project management initiative, providing mentorship and guidance to the project management team and advocating at the senior level for resources and financial and operational systems to support improved project management across EGPAF.
- Manage and support Global Project Directors to plan and implement global projects, including human resource planning, annual work plan and budget planning and monitoring, use of data for decision making and ensuring project results;
- Provide global project leadership and management enhance, expand, and implement project vision, mission and objectives that are linked to the established EGPAF Strategic Plan; advise and mentor EGPAF’s project management team as most senior point of contact
- Support revenue generating and resource mobilization activities to support existing programs and the growth of EGPAF’s global projects;
- Facilitate, coordinate and support the development of knowledge management and necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by global projects;
- Facilitate communication, connection, and coordination between global projects, US-based Offices/teams and Country Offices/teams;
- Ensure that Global EGPAF priorities are recognized, included and incorporated into EGPAF Global Project priorities;
- Ensure Global Project needs inform decisions at the headquarters level;
- Develop deep knowledge of each supported global project;
- Represent EGPAF at national, regional and international conferences and events as needed;
- Share accountability with Global Project Directors for project implementation and success;
- Ensure Global Project reviews are carried out;
- Support revenue generating and resource mobilization activities to enhance global projects including opportunities in new countries;
- Provide leadership, mentorship and supervision to Global Project Directors and the Associate Director of Award and Project Management.