Easter Seals Serving DC|MD|VA offers a unique opportunity for an experienced, entrepreneurial and motivated Senior Director of Adult and Senior Services to join our multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled human service professionals. The successful candidate will be committed to building internal and community capacity that enables adults to age in place and be motivated to deliver services to the highest standards of efficacy and quality. The Senior Director must have excellent management, communication and customer service skills and be results-oriented.
The Senior Director of Adult and Senior Services will report to the Senior Vice President for Programs and provide administrative, marketing, financial, operational and programmatic oversight over all adult and senior service programs including three adult day centers in Baltimore, MD, Hagerstown, MD and Silver Spring, MD. He/she will be knowledgeable about rules and regulations governing adult day centers in Maryland, experienced in working with private and public funding services around reimbursement and experienced in overseeing federal, state and/or local contracts and agreements related to the design and delivery of senior and adult services.
- Oversee the administration and management of adult and senior service programs in accordance with state and federal laws and in alignment with Easter Seals’ vision.
- Monitor and analyze market trends and competition and take the lead role in defining the strategic direction and execution of adult and senior service programs at Easter Seals.
- Develop, market, administer and evaluate center and community-based services for seniors and adults, in accordance with federal and state laws the affiliate’s vision, policies and available budgets.
- Initiate new programs and services that help individuals remain in the community and out of institutionalized care. Conduct needs/feasibility assessments. Develop and analyze financial proformas. Evaluate and diversify revenue model and streams.
- Monitor financial management and budget performance of programs, ensuring that budgets are met. Seek and recommend opportunities for cost efficiencies; analyze budget variances; and, anticipate trends. Manage development of annual budgets for designated programs.
- Create, initiate, and monitor quality assurance programs for designated programs. Develop and implement outcome-based program measurements.
- Recommend policies and procedure revisions to create organizational consistency, standardization, and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that adult day centers/programs are in compliance with state, federal and other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Represent Easter Seals’ interests in the community by establishing and maintaining community contacts, including serving on appropriate committees, tasks forces and networking efforts.
- Establish and maintain Easter Seals’ presence in local and federal political networks.
- Supervise assigned program staff. Set performance goals, evaluate performance, and provide on-site consultation including observation, coaching, and technical assistance. Model expected behaviors by serving as mentor. Lead staff in cost-effective expansion of services, maximizing growth/utilization, and development of wrap around services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.