Special Assistant to the CEO
The National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (NASAA) is recruiting for a newly-created position, Special Assistant to the CEO.
This individual will play a pivotal role supporting the CEO as she works to fulfill NASAA’s mission of strengthening state arts agencies. The Special Assistant to the CEO provides direct day-to-day support to the CEO, acting as her right hand and taking on specific and varied projects as needed. The goal of the Special Assistant to the CEO is to make the CEO a stronger and more effective leader by creating capacity for her to invest her time on the agency’s most important needs. This position will evolve over time but will always include a significant administrative component.
- Provides highly accurate administrative and logistical support to the CEO
- Facilitates, in concert with the CEO, communication with NASAA’s Board of Directors
- Supports the CEO in the planning and execution of board, executive committee and governance committee meetings
- Manages the preparation, production and distribution of CEO reports, articles, presentations and speeches
- Facilitates regular communication between the CEO and members
The Special Assistant to the CEO will also support the CEO’s work related to NASAA’s leadership team; the team includes the CEO, Chief Program and Planning Officer, Chief Advancement Officer, Director of Administration and Research Director. The Special Assistant to the CEO may also provide selected support to leadership team members as directed by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work tenure: three to five years of experience working in direct support of a senior leader
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Familiarity with public policy and communications
- Experience in the nonprofit sector or government strongly preferred
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment with changing conditions
- A proactive individual who brings the maturity, initiative, energy, discipline and commitment needed to support the CEO and collaborate with NASAA’s leadership team and staff
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, members and partners
- Excellent attention to detail
An interest in the arts, state government or association management is a plus, as is experience working in a member-driven or client-centered organization.
The Special Assistant to the CEO is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position including benefits. Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience.
Apply via e-mail to email@example.com using "Special Assistant to the CEO" as the subject line. All applications must include:
- a letter describing your interest in the position and noting where you found this job announcement
- a résumé
- one writing sample demonstrating your ability to communicate persuasively and clearly
For best consideration apply before May 15, 2017. Do not apply via fax, phone call or postal mail.
NASAA is dedicated to creating a workplace that welcomes, respects and values people of all races, color, age, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religions, creeds, ancestry, national origin, disability and veteran status. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.