Virginia Theological Seminary invites applications for the position of Vice President for Finance and Operations. The primary responsibility of the Vice President for Finance and Operations is to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Seminary's finances, the Seminary infrastructure (namely, Facilities and Information Technology) and other business affairs and operations. The vice president reports directly to the President and shall serve as a member of the senior staff. The vice president will oversee: the annual operating and capital budgets; the development and implementation of proper policies and procedures; an annual audit and internal controls; proper maintenance and reporting of accounts and balances in all areas of the Seminary; proper and adequate cash flow projection to meet operating needs. The vice president will monitor and provide oversight of the Information Technology and Facilities Departments including supervision of Director of Facilities and the Network and Systems Administrator and will ensure that financial aid, scholarship, special purpose funds and external grants are properly administered.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required; Master’s degree in finance or business preferred.
· Professional certification in a business-related field (such as CPA) preferred.
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· At least 10 years of experience in a senior financial management role that included operational responsibilities and the responsibility for the implementation of fiscal controls, at least 5 of which were in the nonprofit or higher education sector.
· At least 5 years of management and supervisory experience in the areas of finance, facilities and information technology.
· Knowledge of and/or experience with the Episcopal Church and Theological Education preferred.
· Superior management skills and an ability to influence and engage others.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references. This position will remain open until filled. VTS is committed to racial and ethnic diversity at every level of its life and mission. VTS is an EEOC employer.