The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is a global association recruiting for an experienced full-time professional to serve as executive coordinator to the leadership team. Reporting to the senior executive assistant, the successful candidate should be exceptionally organized and have the ability to exercise sound judgment in a friendly and diplomatic manner. We are looking for a deadline- and results-oriented, efficient and warm professional who thrives in a busy environment. CASE offices are easily metro accessible in downtown DC, with competitive benefits including a 10% retirement plan employer contribution. Sound like a good fit? Take a closer look.
The Executive Coordinator will provide administrative support services to the Senior Executive Assistant and the Executive Leadership Team, which includes the Vice President of Education, Vice President of Finance and Administration, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, and the Vice President of Volunteer and Member Engagement.
The nature, diversity and scope of responsibility will require frequent use of discretion, initiative and judgment. The incumbent must be reliable, self-motivated and able to use initiative.
The Executive Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Executive Assistant, who exercises general direction over the tasks undertaken. The Executive Coordinator works closely with the Senior Executive Assistant and other staff members across the organization to ensure that the senior team is provided with the high quality support necessary to carry out their duties efficiently and effectively on a daily basis.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Executive Assistant.
- Exercises discretion in management of department heads schedules:
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls
- Meeting preparation including developing materials and tracking follow-up tasks
- Recording contact reports in Personify and track meetings with key constituents
- Screening visitors and phone calls
- Resolving conflicts on executives time
- Coordinate travel arrangements and processes expense reports:
- Prepare detailed travel summaries
- Ensure expense reports are processed in a timely manner
- Liaise effectively with staff at CASE and with key volunteers and members.
- Uses computer, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare communications, reports and presentation.
- Proficient user of Association Management System (AMS) to update CASE member records.
- Maintain accurate mailing, telephone contact and distribution lists to enable effective dissemination of information.
- Establishes, maintains and updates electronic and paper filing systems.
- Provide administrative support for organizational events and meetings including scheduling.
- Anticipates required deliverables and has a proactive approach.
- Serves collaboratively as a committed member of the President’s administration team, along with the Executive Leadership Team and Director, Office of the President.
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve effectiveness and efficiency, produce quality work, and anticipate the needs of the Office of the President and Executive Leadership Team.
- Provides back-up support for Administrative Services Manager, as needed.
- Exercises fiscal responsibility and judicious use of resources in all aspects of work.
Performs Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned by the President
Job Complexity and Knowledge
The position interacts with staff across the organization and works very closely on a day-to-day basis with the Senior Executive Assistant, members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and senior CASE volunteers and members. The Executive Coordinator will be required to work under the general direction of the Senior Executive Assistant. Initiative and the capacity to think analytically and independently are required for prioritizing objectives and resolving challenges or conflicts appropriately. The Executive Coordinator will be responsible for prioritization of workload in consultation with the Senior Executive Assistant, as needed to ensure that tasks are completed effectively and accurately and that key responsibilities are met for the ELT.
Problem Solving, Judgement and Organizational Knowledge
The incumbent will be expected to work under pressure to meet deadlines. The incumbent will be required to develop a good understanding of the organization, its policies and procedures and an understanding of the culture and politics which enables the incumbent to deal with and/or refer issues.