The Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA), formerly the Solar Electric Power Association, helps utilities and technology companies deploy and integrate solar, storage, demand response, and other related resources. The organization is at the forefront of changes happening in the energy industry, helping utilities make a smart transition to a clean energy future. Just as the role of new technologies is growing in the electric power sector, so is SEPA, both in influence and size.
As the trusted platform for education, research, and collaboration, SEPA’s neutrality is a key factor in the organization’s success. We do not advocate or take positions on issues, nor do we drive trends or play favorites. Our philosophy focuses on bringing the expert stakeholders to the conversations to yield practical solutions. Our membership consists of 1,000 organizations, including utilities, technology providers, independent system operators, regulators, energy users, project developers, consultancies, and nonprofits, who look to us to provide the community, data, insight, and facilitation necessary to make the right decisions in the evolution of the utility business model and more engaging customer programs.
The opportunity ahead for SEPA is to build upon and leverage our core strengths - the membership, the brand, and our staff expertise - to enable a greater positive impact on the electric power sector.
The Manager, Information Technology is responsible for all information technology initiatives and/or coordinates with cross-functional teams on related projects. The Manager works with the Senior Manager, Information Management to develop/maintain appropriate processes and procedures so the organization is operating efficiently and effectively. The Manager is a highly organized individual who serves as the point of contact for the organization’s networks, and CRM systems and will serve as point of contact with various vendors and consultants.
- Serves as an Administrator for the Google Apps environment and provides internal support to key stakeholders.
- Serves as an Administrator for the association database; Salesforce/Fonteva and participates in the cross functional team.
- Responsible for the general functionality of the Salesforce environment (including, but not limited to, Fonteva, Member Nation, e-store, Data.com, Pardot, etc).
- Manages training program and provides leadership on development of training and use of systems with in Salesforce.
- Serves as contact with Salesforce related vendors.
- Serves as the internal contact for help desk related requests in relation to desktops, laptops, servers, audio visual equipment, etc.
- Manages and develops processes and procedures for use of systems within the organization.
- Develops, maintains, and administers training programs for all information technology resources.
- Responsible for development and management of organization’s intranet and cloud solution to increase operational efficiencies and allow for on-demand service.
- Assists with the selection and development of new software systems.
- Responsible for coordination of information technology disaster recovery plans and information security.
- Manages information technology policies and procedures and adherence.