United Way Worldwide is the world’s largest privately-funded nonprofit. Our global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. United Way envisions a world in which all individuals and families develop and achieve their full potential through education, income stability, and healthy living. United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen–we invite you to be a part of the change–to Live United.
The Manager, U.S. Network Engagement & Performance, supports the Director, U.S. Network Engagement & Performance in engaging the U.S. network of community-based United Ways and supporting their performance.
This role will be responsible for helping build relationships with and between United Ways, understanding their individual needs and the collective needs of our network, co-creating individual and shared strategies and tactics, and coordinating the execution of internal and external efforts.
The core activities of this work will fall into three categories: 1) Provide responsive support and effective guidance as a dedicated point of contact and trusted advisor to assigned United Ways, 2) Engage, support, and utilize network-wide groups, including the National Professional Council (NPC), and 3) Coordinate United Way Worldwide’s engagement and performance-related communications with the network in collaboration with the Communications and other teams.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Develop trusted, one-on-one relationships with CEOs and other key staff of assigned United Ways.
- Identify effective practices and share information from the network with the Network Engagement & Performance team.
- Recommend the appropriate tools and resources to assigned United Ways.
- Utilize Salesforce to improve network intelligence and customer service.
- Support existing – and help develop future – relationship management protocols.
- In collaboration with the team, support crisis response activities for assigned United Ways, as needed.
- Monitor United Way Worldwide (UWW) activities and communications and recommend pertinent agenda topics for internal and network meetings.
- Draft emails, presentations, and talking points for internal and network meetings.
- Provide logistical support for internal and network meetings.
- Present information to United Ways and UWW staff through written materials, webinars, conference calls, and public speaking engagements.
- Manage internal relationships with a cross-functional and diverse group of UWW staff.
- Coordinate UWW’s engagement and performance-related communications with the network in collaboration with the Communications and other UWW teams.
- Support the planning and execution of special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are enthusiastic about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA; minutes from downtown Washington, DC. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: free parking and onsite gym; health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; tuition assistance; paid time off; medical appointment leave; family sick leave; employee assistance program; monthly volunteer opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. Please apply via the online system. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.