The MedEvac Foundation, located in Alexandria VA is seeking an experienced and dynamic Development Assistant to take on the responsibilities of assisting in the implementation and administration of all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising and development program for the Foundation. The Development Assistant reports to the Development Officer and the President/CEO of the MedEvac Foundation and is a full time position. Interviews will begin immediately with an anticipated start date is February 13, 2017
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans donor cultivation and fundraising events in coordination with the Development Officer, Director of Events & Education, and the Project Manager.
- Develop and implement strategies to engage the diverse, international association membership; international aircraft, aviation and medical equipment manufacturers, and international aviation, medical, and business communities as donor prospects.
- Build relationships with prospective and existing donors, solicits donations and event sponsorships.
- Meet regularly with the Development Officer to understand major priorities and goals.
- Works with the Development Officer to plan, administer, implement, and evaluate fundraising campaigns, including but not limited to: board fundraising, direct mail, membership dues donations, special and major gift appeal, planned giving, and capital and endowment campaigns.
- Assists the Development Officer in preparing presentations, and other communication materials for annual and major gift prospects and donors.
- Maintains electronic donor record system, prospect contact information, and all related entries. Record all donations received, and work with the CFO to assure timely billing of pledges.
- Assists the Development Officer with donor identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition.
Board and Committees
- Acts as liaison between the Foundation and the Board of Trustees, coordinating meetings, taking minutes, and providing assistance to the Board as required.
- Collaborates with the Development Officer, and the international Board Members creating initiatives to promote volunteer involvement with the Fundraising Committee and fundraising initiatives.
- Maintains Foundation Board and Fundraising Committee list in Salesforce Committees and listservs.
- Ensuring gifts are recognized appropriately and recorded correctly in Salesforce database.
- Prepare timely donor gift invoices and processes check requests.
- Maintain and update the Foundation website, creating and sourcing content to ensure both domestic and international stakeholders have access to timely and accurate information about Foundation activities and events.
- Writes and distributes press releases in coordination with the Development Officer to promote Foundation events and activities, and communicating the impact of donor investment.
- Submit weekly newsletter content with Foundation news/updates.
- Responsible for promoting activities of Foundation events at the annual Air Medical Transport Conference.
- Works with public relations and marketing teams within donor/sponsor organizations to ensure appropriate recognition.
- Assists the Development Officer in maintaining and updating fundraising materials (electronic and print materials, including website content, development literature, press releases, and social media content related to fundraising).
- Collaborate with the Development Officer to maximize contributions and donor recognition resulting from organizational special events and other industry events.
- Works with the Development Officer, the President/CEO, and both to build and strengthen relationships with prospective donors.
- Works with the Development Officer and the President/CEO of the Foundation to develop ways to measure and communicate the impact of the donor’s investment in the Foundation.
Other duties & responsibilities
- Administrative support including drafting correspondence, list building and reports as needed.
- Contributes to a positive work environment and collaborate staff to ensure goals are met.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.