The National Consumers League, America’s pioneering consumer advocacy organization, is seeking a Senior Director of Development to immediately fill it’s top fundraising position. The candidate must have a strong commitment to public interest work. The League (www.nclnet.org) is a national nonprofit that protects and promotes social and economic justice for consumers and workers in the United States and abroad, focusing on health care, fraud prevention and education, food and drug safety, consumer literacy, child labor, and fair labor standards.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director of Development serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions. In partnership with the Executive Director, this position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build NCL’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Director of Development also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for establishing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
The Senior Director of Development will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow NCL’s budget over $3 million budget through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
The Vice President of Development primary responsibilities will include:
- Support and partner with the Executive Director on all major fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with the Managing Director/CFO to develop and implement NCL’s financial strategy
- Actively work with the Executive Director and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Manage one full-time staff member and a team of fundraising and event management consultants
- Oversee and manage revenue for five diverse programs at NCL
- Support and partner with the Executive Director and board members on all major fundraising initiatives
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program