General DescriptionThe Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth is a nonprofit dedicated to identifying and developing the talents of academically advanced K-12 students around the world. We provide today's brightest students with fun, challenging courses; a community of engaged learners; and a strong foundation for future success in college and their careers. Want to join our team? We're looking for mission-driven problem-solvers who can thrive in CTY's diverse, collaborative, fast-paced, and results-driven work environment. We value innovation, creativity, integrity, and a shared commitment to the bright young people we serve. In return, we offer employees the opportunity to be part of the Johns Hopkins community and to take advantage of our generous benefits package, which includes affordable health-care options and tuition assistance for employees and their families.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Finance and Business Affairs, the Director of Enrollment Services provides leadership and functional expertise for the Registration, Financial Aid and Student Services departments CTY's annual Online and Summer Program enrollments in a fast-paced environment. The Director of Enrollment Services' primary areas of responsibility include strategic initiatives and customer solutions, providing leadership in business process transformation, customer service, continuous improvement initiatives, project management and student information system governance. This person works collaboratively with leadership, academic programs and recruitment to design and implement strategies to attract and retain students and facilitate interactions with CTY.
- Plan, organize, maintain and manage the process and operations of Registration, Financial Aid, and Student Services departments.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with leadership, academic departments, recruitment and marketing and communications to administer and evaluate projects and services.
- Develop, recommend, organize and administer JHU and CTY policies and procedures pertaining to course registration, financial aid, student services, privacy and data security.
- Evaluate and communicate the impact of potential legal or regulatory changes on CTY's programs, systems and procedures.
- Collaborates with institutional research, academic programs, and business office departments to improve and enhance system functionality, reports and processes that support a sophisticated data-driven environment with accurate and robust information to make decision.
- Oversee records retention and workflow processes. Work proactively with academic programs, marketing and communications, recruitment, and the business office to improve business processes to promote quality assurance and ensure student services promote records integrity.
- Review changes to systems and facilitate review of possible changes/new functionality with the Senior Leader group, Program managers, Registrar's office, Financial Aid and Student Services staff. Monitors team performance and individual development of staff. Partners with marketing and communications to develop, track, and continuously improve enrollment-related email communications, MyCTY portal content, and phone and email scripts.
- Leads the collaboration with academic leadership, financial aid, and student services to develop class schedules, course assignments, develop instructor quotas, assign instructors, and other registration activities.
- Coordinates with academic programs and Marketing and Communications departments to produce certificates, evaluations and other administrative activities.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Provides oversight and supervision of CTY's financial aid and scholarship programs and staff.
- Responsible for the financial aid and scholarship gifts and grant budgets, tracking donor funding, and coordinating the awarding process with various CTY departments.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop and implement financial aid policies, procedures and staff training. Manages the implementation and maintenance of financial aid systems, document imaging systems and related software.
- Leads the customer service aspects of the enrollment functions to ensure that families who are enrolled in CTY's academic programs can find and understand program resources.
- Key project manager for CTY's family self-service portal for enrollment related activities. Coordinates project teams, documents business processes, and develops project charters, plans and timelines.
- Develops policies and procedures for evaluating and resolving family program inquiries, issues and problems including coordinating the provision of support services.