The Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County (AHCMC) seeks an experienced and dynamic professional to serve as the Communications & Public Relations Manager (CPRM). This is a permanent full-time salaried position.
The CPRM’s primary responsibility will be to provide strategy and management for the communications and public relations department, provide support to the CEO and Deputy Director for government affairs and advocacy initiatives; and provide thought-leadership and management for AHCMC’s brand, website, and social media platforms. The CPRM will work with and support all departments of AHCMC. This position reports to the Deputy Director.
Communications and Media Relations:
- Act as AHCMC’s primary press and media contact.
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with local press/media outlets, government departments, blogs/online publications, and applicable community personas and organizations.
- Ensure accurate and timely community and media coverage of events, initiatives, and programs.
- Develop communications plans including press releases, media kits, talking points, testimonies, social media content and multimedia content for all AHCMC initiatives, events, and programs.
- Increase AHCMC’s visibility and position AHCMC at the forefront of traditional and digital communications, implementing best practices shared broadly with the field.
- Prepare staff for all meetings and events with press or elected official involvement.
- Generate photo and video documentation of AHCMC activities, events, and programs.
- Update and maintain organizational communications style guide.
- Develop stories/narratives that highlight the impact of AHCMC’s work broadly in the community through grantmaking, advocacy, and direct services in consultation with CEO and Deputy Director.
- Support the development and execution of the annual advocacy campaign and related initiatives.
- Prepare written and oral testimony, alerts, and remarks for and under the direction of the CEO.
- Support relationship management of elected officials and staff with CEO and Deputy Director.
- Work with County staff and departments to promote AHCMC initiatives and programs.
Digital Content Management:
- Manage AHCMC’s e-newsletters, including developing content strategy, sourcing newsletter content, and implementing the visual layout and design in MailChimp.
- Manage the MailChimp CRM, including list management and health monitoring, staff training, and all departmental and organizational e-communications through the platform.
- Manage and maintain AHCMC’s website and blog in collaboration with the Deputy Director.
- Develop content for social media platforms, blogs, and websites from all departments.
- Maintain the e-mail and social media editorial calendar as well as the policies and procedures for departmental and organizational e-communications through Mailchimp and social media.
- Provide on-site support at various AHCMC events including gallery openings, the annual County Executive’s Awards, grants events, and professional development programs.