NAFSA: Association of International Educators is offering a paid internship for upper-level undergraduate or graduate students in its Leadership and Professional Development Services department. The internship is ideal for applicants who are considering careers in or want to learn more about international education or higher education administration, teaching and training, curriculum instruction and design, or nonprofit or association management. This intern’s projects would be split between two staff units: Professional Learning Services (PLS) and Volunteer Leadership Development and Regional Affairs (VLDRA). To learn more about PLS and VLDRA visit http://www.nafsa.org/internships.
NAFSA is the world’s largest professional membership association dedicated to international education. The association promotes study abroad for students from the United States, increased access to the U.S. for international students and scholars, and the internationalization of college and university curricula.
PLS duties include:
- Co-develop handouts, resources, and other supplementary materials
- Proofread and revise NAFSA workshop, online learning, and other training materials
- Assist with data management and analysis
- Support workshop planning and logistics
- Other duties as assigned
VLDRA duties include:
- Manage and analyze data for NAFSA regional, leadership, and diversity initiatives and meetings
- Collaborate with staff on departmental program development, coordination, and recruitment
- Assist in preparing regional and leadership event logistics and proofing handouts and materials
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter, be familiar with Microsoft Office suite applications, and have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Preferred skills include writing and copyediting experience, instructional design experience, training skills, or administrative and nonprofit management experience. Candidates with an interest in and/or knowledge of training, curriculum development, higher education, international education, education research, and U.S. campus internationalization will be able to apply this work to their academic careers.
Spring Term: The spring internship is a part-time (28 hours per week) position and is available for one term beginning in January and concluding in May. Pay range is $12-$13 per hour depending on experience. NAFSA will work with the student’s institution if the intern is seeking academic credit.
To apply send your resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the position title, “LPDS Internship,” in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please include information that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this internship? What experience would you like to gain through this position?
- How do your skills compare to those of the ideal candidate listed above?
- Do you have any administrative, international and/or cross-cultural communication experience to bring to the role?
- What is your availability for spring 2017?
Please note: All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.